Da Capo Alliance is proud to recognize and promote outstanding musical accomplishment. We award at least one Performance Prize at each of our summer classes. All who attend as Masterclass Performers or Participants are eligible to compete. Information and requirements for the 2020 Da Capo Performance Prize are listed below.
- There are two age categories: Junior (less than 18 on the day of the competition) and Senior (age 18 and above).
- An award of $300 in the Junior Division and $500 in the Senior Division will be made. Any number of Honorable Mentions may be given.
- Each contestant will perform the required piece for his/her age division, followed by one piece of choice written for unaccompanied flute. Although there is no time limit for the unaccompanied piece, the competitor will be stopped after seven minutes if necessary. Memory is encouraged, but not required.
- The required piece for the Junior Division is Pan, Pastorale by Donjon (any edition). For the Senior Division, the required piece is Andante Pastoral et Scherzettino by Taffanel (any edition).
- An official accompanist will be provided. You may bring your own pianist should you prefer. A 15-minute rehearsal with the official pianist will be scheduled in advance of your competition time. Any additional scheduled rehearsal time will be at the expense of the entrant.
- A reference copy of each contestant’s choice unaccompanied piece must be provided for the judges. Students may not perform off of xeroxed parts.
We wish to congratulate recent Da Capo Performance Prize Winners: Jamie Sharp (2019), Emily Burden (2018), Sherry Jensen (2017), Rachel Christensen (2016), Catherine Boyack (2015), and Drew Powell (2014)