Da Capo Alliance is proud to recognize and promote outstanding musical accomplishment. We award at least one Performance Prize at each of our summer classes. Information and requirements for the 2020 Da Capo Performance Prize are listed below.
- There will be an application fee of $25. A check may be mailed postmarked no later than June 15, and we will also set up a Da Capo PayPal account by June 1 (more details to come). PayPal payments are preferred.
- The application form will be available at dacapoalliance.org/apply by June 1. It must be received by email no later than June 15.
- There are two age categories: Junior (less than 18 on the day of the competition) and Senior (age 18-30).
- There will now be FOUR monetary awards given. An award of $250 in the Junior Division and $400 in the Senior Division will be made. Only Utah residents will be eligible for these two prizes. (We will define a resident either as a permanent resident of the state, or a student enrolled full-time at any Utah university or college.) In addition, an “Overall” award of $500 will be made. This will be given to our best entrant with no residency requirements. The upper age limit will be 30 on the day of the competition, with no lower age limit. Each entrant may receive only one of these awards. Additionally, an Essay Competition Award of $100 will be made (details to be found on the application form). Any number of Honorable Mentions may be given.
- The submission date will remain the same as the original date of our competition: June 26 (video submissions and required scores must be received by 11:59pm MST).
- Each contestant will submit an unedited video recording of the required piece for his/her age division, followed by one piece of choice written for unaccompanied flute. Although there is no time limit for the unaccompanied piece, the competitor should only submit the first seven minutes of the choice piece, if necessary. Memory is encouraged but not required. Both pieces must be recorded in a single take, with no video pause between pieces.
- Preferably, videos are to be submitted by private YouTube link. They may also be shared through Google Drive.
- The required piece for the Junior Division is Pan, Pastorale by Donjon (any edition). For the Senior Division, the required piece is Andante Pastoral et Scherzettino by Taffanel (any edition). For the Overall award, submit the piece appropriate for your age division.
- A reference PDF copy of each contestant’s choice unaccompanied piece must be emailed for the judges.
- Send all email correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to congratulate recent Da Capo Performance Prize Winners: Jamie Sharp (2019), Emily Burden (2018), Sherry Jensen (2017), Rachel Christensen (2016), Catherine Boyack (2015), and Drew Powell (2014)